First things first, thank you to the lovely Emily Gabriella for this nomination. I absolutely loved reading her post, the diversity of this award makes each entry interesting and worth a read. Check out her post here and I would recommend the rest of her Chatty Tuesday series while you’re there!
The Sunshine Blogger Award consists of
- Thanking the blogger who nominated you.
- Answering the 11 questions written by the nominator.
- Writing your own 11 questions.
- Nominating 11 people to take part!
Do the word “nominate” and its variations not sound like words anymore to you, or is it just me?
1. If you could create one slogan tee for the high street, what would it say?
“Life’s not out to get you.”
At first, I really couldn’t think of a slogan but then I was listening to Neck Deep and realised how much of their song Gold Steps I can relate to, so here we have my slogan tee. Positive vibes,
I even did a quick Canva job for it:
2. What’s one trait that you’ve carried through from childhood?
Nail biting. I have always bitten my nails for as long as I can remember and even though I go through phases of growing them, I still slip back into it when I’m feeling anxious or overwhelmed, before I even realise I’m doing it!
I’m not sure quite how unpopular this will be, but I’m really not a fan of hot sunny weather. There are various reasons:
- Sweaty forehead, sweaty backs of your knees… I could go on.
- My red face whether I run around or lie still for the day.
- Greasy sun cream causing spots to break out on my face.
- Inevitable sunburn despite regular factor 50 top up sessions.
- Self consciousness at wearing skimpy clothing because otherwise I might boil.
For toned and bronzed beauties, I’m sure it’s fabulous, and I totally advocate you doing you, but for a fair skinned redhead who doesn’t work out, I’ll take a cloudy sky, please!
It has become my outlet. I talk about my own struggles, I share ideas for anyone else who might be struggling, and I interact with like-minded and helpful people on social media. It has given me another hobby too, I spend a lot of time writing, planning and promoting!
If we’re talking guilty pleasures, then I’d have to say chocolate. No particular brand, I’m happy munching on some of Asda’s own. It’s a habit that, again, I try to break and fall back into, then I find some willpower and so the cycle goes!
The short answer is “no”. However, when I brush my freshly washed and hairdried hair and bare my makeupless freckly face, I think I slightly resemble a Philosopher’s Stone Hermione Granger but less cute and definitely not 25 year old Emma Watson because if that were the case, I wouldn’t hold the unpopular opinion I shared in question 3!
Honestly, if we’re talking about stand up comedians/comediennes, we could be here all day, but I do also love comedy films and puns. Seth Rogen is probably one of my favourite comedy actors, along with Will Ferrell (who doesn’t love Elf?!). My Dad and I share the same slapstick sense of humour whilst my Mum and I appreciate a dry, more sarcastic joke. I think Dean and I both appreciate a bit of both types of humour too, so that works well.
A DIY face mask on which you paint your every day makeup look and wear overnight, to wake up with your face ready for the day. It will be reusable for maybe a week or two. No effort needed. The lazy girl’s face mask. What do we think, L’Oréal? Is there a place in the market for the “Lazy Face”?
Short-haul, definitely! That way I could take multiple flights in one day and see lots of places, whereas only long haul flights would take forever to get everywhere. I get a bit restless after about 4-5 hours on a plane too.
Hopefully going on a staycation with Dean!
So now, the next steps are 11 questions:
- If you had to pick one to quit forever, would you choose music or TV?
- Describe your perfect day.
- What are your top three driving/public transport songs? (Link your Spotify playlist if you like!)
- Unless blogging is your job, what do you do for a living? If blogging is your job now, what did you do before?
- What did you do for your last birthday?
- Would you rather visit the past or visit the future (you choose how far either way)?
- What’s your favourite way to relax?
- Think of your most vivid dream. What was it about?
- Would you prefer a night in or a night out? Describe your ideal itinerary for whichever one you choose!
- Which is your favourite clothes shop on the high street? What about online?
- Name one of your goals for this week/month/year (you choose!)
…and 11 nominees!
- Mikaela from A Blonde in the Crowd
- Ciara from A View Outside
- Vikki Lea from Lea Bella Blogs
- Rachel from The Darling Dog Mom
- Alex Grace from Live Pretty Happy
- Ray from The Ray Journey
- Tammy from Bites of Travel
- Leah from The Girl Who Writes
- Steff from Steff’s Journey
- Lauren from Bournemouth Girl
- Harriet from Confessions of a Travelholic
Happy answering, folks!