1. When do you start your Christmas shopping?
It tends to be November when I start buying the gifts, but I make a list all year round when any family members mention anything they like… It comes in handy when you’ve got a week left until their birthday or Christmas and you’re fresh out of inspiration!
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
I certainly have. It snowed last year around Christmas and I have a vivid memory of Dean and I walking to Morrison’s and pausing for a snowball fight. Sums us up really!
3. What is your favourite Christmas film?
I’ll always instinctively say Elf but I do also love The Holiday and Arthur Christmas.
4. Where do you usually spend Christmas Day?
These days, in my flat with Dean, both of our sets of parents, and sometimes my Grandma. As a child, we used to go out for Christmas dinner and then as I’ve got older, we tend to have a home-cooked dinner.
5. Do you prefer a real or fake Christmas tree?
I’ve never had a real Christmas tree but I can’t imagine vacuuming every day round the real tree being ideal.
6. Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
I absolutely love wrapping gifts but feedback in previous years has been that my gifts tend to be quite difficult to open… I think I take it too seriously and they end up being quite a challenge for the recipient…
7. How did you spend last Christmas?
In our flat, home-cooked Christmas dinner, Christmas TV shows on in the background and copious amounts of gin!
8. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Other than Christmas pyjamas which is a tradition I started last year, we don’t really have any. Our parents tend to arrive on Christmas Eve now that we host so I guess that’s one!
9. Do you like eggnog?
I can’t say I’ve ever tried it and after Googling it, I can’t work out whether I like the sound of it or not!
10. Have you ever built a snowman?
I have, yes, only a few years ago. Did it look as picturesque as those in films? It did not. I think it was just snow, a carrot and two stones. For the face, obviously…
11. Who cooks the Christmas meal?
12. Do you stay in your PJs or dress up for Christmas?
I don’t dress up as such but I do get dressed.
13. What is your favourite Winter fragrance?
I like Snowella by Zoella, but I can’t say I’ve tried too many to have a good selection to choose from.
14. Which is your favourite Christmas candle?
Yankee Gingerbread, hands down, without question, full stop.
15. What tops your tree?
A Silver glittery star.
16. Is there a tradition that you used to have but not anymore?
I mean, take your pick from day 18! Circling half the Argos catalogue as part of my wishlist, leaving out milk/biscuits/carrots…
17. Do you have a theme for your Christmas tree decoration?
So we had maroon and gold two years ago and then last year we had red and silver. I’ll be keeping it the same this year because it’s really quite expensive to buy new each year…
18. What’s your favourite Christmas carol?
Jingle Bells and Deck the Halls are two of my favourite classics.
19. What did you used to do at school for Christmas that you wish you could do in the workplace?
Watch Christmas films all day every day for about a week before Christmas? Break up for Christmas about a week in advance? There are quite a few things I’d love to exist in the workplace!
20. If you could rename a reindeer, what would you call it?
21. If you could spend Christmas in any other country, city, town or village, where would it be?
I’d love to spend it in New York. When I visited in September 2017, there were lights everywhere so I can’t even imagine how magical it looks in December!